Training Blog

This is my training blog that details how I am getting on training for a cycle ride from my home in the West Midlands to Brixham, South Devon which is scheduled in June 2009. I am doing this to raise money for Rowcroft Hospice who cared for my mother who passed away in April 2008 due to Motor Neurone Disease.

Enjoy the read....I had not been on a bike since I was a teenager and this is a whole new world to me, however I am determined to succeed, for my Mum and for the personal challenge.

July 8th - Work and Back

Today I actually stuck to my plan and cycled into work and back (18.6 Mile round trip). I did it in 40 mins each way which I was pleased with, no major incident. Oh I did have to ride through a flooded lane which was new and got most of the dirt from the lane on my back (must get mud gaurds!). Also on the way home I got overtook by a middle aged lady and a very old man! I was just thinking how I was doing really well and keeping up speed on this hill when it happend, obviously I still have a long way to go!!!!

On the Bike front I need to put some air in my tyres, I have not added any since the bike arrived. I will hopefully clean the bike tonight and fix up my lights.

I will not ride into work tomorrow and will probably have a day off. Thursday, if John Berry remembers the pump :-) I will go out for an evening ride. Friday I will ride into work and back, Saturday will be a day off (Im in work during the evening) and then on Sunday I will hopefully go for a 25 - 30mile ride in the afternoon.

No comments: