Training Blog

This is my training blog that details how I am getting on training for a cycle ride from my home in the West Midlands to Brixham, South Devon which is scheduled in June 2009. I am doing this to raise money for Rowcroft Hospice who cared for my mother who passed away in April 2008 due to Motor Neurone Disease.

Enjoy the read....I had not been on a bike since I was a teenager and this is a whole new world to me, however I am determined to succeed, for my Mum and for the personal challenge.

July 23rd - A small but fast ride

Tonight I thought I would repeat last nights route however the road between my house and berkswell is gonna be closed for 8 weeks for whatever reason.  I therefore decided to head down the A road from my house to Meriden and then continue towards Hampton, Barton and then home. Doing the A road meant very fast moving traffic however a flat first 4 miles. Due to this I was able to keep my speed at 20mph+ for the first 4 miles which was new because I had to work hard to keep my speed at this level and it was not a case of hard work up a hill and then rest down the hill.

Anyway I did the 10 Miles in 37min, 10secs with a avg speed of 16.4mph my fastest yet although this means nothing really because it depends on so many factors.

I do feel like at the moment I am training for a sprint and not a marathon as JOGLE is going to be. This is because my training is over short distances and the only thing I can improve is the speed so that is what I am trying to do.  I am sure it all counts but I have put a couple of dates in the diary for some big rides.  Watch this space........

No comments: