Training Blog

This is my training blog that details how I am getting on training for a cycle ride from my home in the West Midlands to Brixham, South Devon which is scheduled in June 2009. I am doing this to raise money for Rowcroft Hospice who cared for my mother who passed away in April 2008 due to Motor Neurone Disease.

Enjoy the read....I had not been on a bike since I was a teenager and this is a whole new world to me, however I am determined to succeed, for my Mum and for the personal challenge.

July 9th - Quick ride in the rain

Matt popped in this morning and dropped off the bike computer, thanks Matt. So once I was home I could not wait to get it set up and go for a quick ride. At 8:15pm ish after setting up the computer, I went out in the pouring rain, no padded shorts, new led lights flashing to test the computer. I went too a round-about that on gmap was 1 mile away so I headed there and the computer was spot on. I went round the round-about and headed back home (it is amazing how wet you can get on a 2 mile, 8min, 24second ride). So from my quick ride I managed a top speed of 27.1mph, avg speed of 14.7mph (Towards the round about it was 18mph avg speed, coming back was up a hill?). I went down the hill on the way at 27.1mph, I came up it around 7.5mph!

It was really good though. A couple of intereting things: The bike was surprising comfitable with no padded shorts! and I need mud gaurds ASAP.....We have a provisional date of Sunday 31st August for our next 50mile get together hosted at my house this time and a bike pump, bottle holders and bottles should arrive tomorrow.

I will go out for the meriden route tomorrow night (13 Miles) and then will ride into work on Friday. Sunday I plan to do a 25mile ride

No comments: