Training Blog

This is my training blog that details how I am getting on training for a cycle ride from my home in the West Midlands to Brixham, South Devon which is scheduled in June 2009. I am doing this to raise money for Rowcroft Hospice who cared for my mother who passed away in April 2008 due to Motor Neurone Disease.

Enjoy the read....I had not been on a bike since I was a teenager and this is a whole new world to me, however I am determined to succeed, for my Mum and for the personal challenge.

July 7th - Change of Plan

Well I was going to ride into work today, however after arriving late back from Devon last night and with the weather forecast I decided to drive. Instead I went for an evening ride. I went into Meriden and felt really good, I did the 4 miles in about 15 mins which I was very pleased with. My legs, bum and everything else felt good, no issues and I was able to concentrate on building up speed. I decided to pop into my brothers house for a quick hello and ended up staying for about 20 mins, this left me with a small issue as I had promised to get back in time to put my daughter to bed, so I chose a route back which I did not intend to do until much later on in my training because it was down a very busy and fast A road. In fact it was fine, yes the traffic moved fast but the road surface was batter quality and in fact in the lanes I have been down are very up and down, steep hill then free wheel for a bit. This was a constant hill for about 5 miles, this really worked the legs and I was able to get into a rythm. It also helped get used to the traffic and busy roundabouts which I needed to do. All in all a good ride, not as big a distance as I had planned but a good work out. If the weather is good in the morning I will ride into work and back tomorrow as I believe tomorrow is my best change of some sun. I really need a pump also as I have not added any air to my tires since my bike arrived and they will need some air soon.

My Route: 9.1 Miles Total
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2056297

No comments: