Training Blog

This is my training blog that details how I am getting on training for a cycle ride from my home in the West Midlands to Brixham, South Devon which is scheduled in June 2009. I am doing this to raise money for Rowcroft Hospice who cared for my mother who passed away in April 2008 due to Motor Neurone Disease.

Enjoy the read....I had not been on a bike since I was a teenager and this is a whole new world to me, however I am determined to succeed, for my Mum and for the personal challenge.

July 24th - 15 mile ride tonight and a new route

Well I decided I needed to more than the 10 -12 miles I have been doing in the evenings so I came up with a new 15 mile route.  Still not loads but ideal for after work.  This route also included no lanes and was all A and B roads which we will be using mostly on JOGLE.  There were no big steep hills and it was mainly a flat route with the odd hill however It was a good ride which worked the legs.

I did the 15 miles in 56 min and 6 secs with an avg speed of 16mph - I also did a top speed of 32.8mph.

I enjoyed the ride, Oh I listened to music for the first time while riding tonight and it was good.  Definitely good to have as an option when during those longer rides.

The Route:

Tomorrow is a day off and then I plan a big ride on Saturday.....

No comments: