Training Blog

This is my training blog that details how I am getting on training for a cycle ride from my home in the West Midlands to Brixham, South Devon which is scheduled in June 2009. I am doing this to raise money for Rowcroft Hospice who cared for my mother who passed away in April 2008 due to Motor Neurone Disease.

Enjoy the read....I had not been on a bike since I was a teenager and this is a whole new world to me, however I am determined to succeed, for my Mum and for the personal challenge.

DAY 1 - June 17th | Training to start this week.....

Welcome to my blog. Having been inspired by John'a blog I decided it would be good to record my adventures too. I am planning to place an order for my bike tomorrow as I think having a bike might be useful!

Currently my plan is to go out on Saturday (If my bikes arrives) and see how for I get before I either fall off or get too tired. I have commited to do a cycle with John Berry and friends on Saturday 28th June. They are doing a 50mile ride. Even though I know that I do not have to complete the entire journey, I want to, and have just 1 week to prepare!.

I will hopefully do a ride on Saturday and then two rides to work next week. Anyway thats the plan, and it may all change....come back to see how i get on....Oh and i pick up my new car tomorrow, exciting!

No comments: