Training Blog

This is my training blog that details how I am getting on training for a cycle ride from my home in the West Midlands to Brixham, South Devon which is scheduled in June 2009. I am doing this to raise money for Rowcroft Hospice who cared for my mother who passed away in April 2008 due to Motor Neurone Disease.

Enjoy the read....I had not been on a bike since I was a teenager and this is a whole new world to me, however I am determined to succeed, for my Mum and for the personal challenge.

June 27 - Training Day 1 Complete

Well I made it home. It took 45mins to get home and the first 2 miles again were a killer. I am trying to work out if the first few miles are actually the worse or if it takes me a few miles to get into it.

There were definatly more hills on the way home and at some points I felt like stoping however everytime I nearly stopped the hill ended. Who knows how I will be when the hills are longer! The biggest problem I had was by bum, it really really hurts and every bump and even just smooth riding hurt so bad. I know it will get better but that is my biggest worry for tomorrow because i cannot get my mind off the pain and even though tonight was good, it is taking some of the enjoyment out of it.

I plan to relax tonight with a nice meal and movie with my wife and then hopefully tomorrow when I awake I will feel OK, because right now my legs are like jelly. My plan now is to do 25miles tomorrow then rest for a few days. I may ride into work on Wednesday and Friday next week as I am in Devon for the weekend so there will be no training then. I am sure I will look back on all of this in time but right now 80 miles seems a massive number!!

No comments: