Training Blog

This is my training blog that details how I am getting on training for a cycle ride from my home in the West Midlands to Brixham, South Devon which is scheduled in June 2009. I am doing this to raise money for Rowcroft Hospice who cared for my mother who passed away in April 2008 due to Motor Neurone Disease.

Enjoy the read....I had not been on a bike since I was a teenager and this is a whole new world to me, however I am determined to succeed, for my Mum and for the personal challenge.

June 21 - Guess what was hiding in my garage!

Well, my new shiny bike did not arrive in time for a Saturday ride so I went to B&Q and Halfords and bought some stuff. Unfortunatly I did not buy bike stuff from Halfords but car stuff.

Having said that if my new bike does not arrive by Tuesday I will need to do something because next Saturdays ride is coming round very quickly. I have got a bike, but it is an old one and I don't really want to go out on it (even if it is a great bike of the past). If my new bike does not arrive then my plan is as follows (on the old bike). Tuesday evening bike ride, approx 15 - 20 miles, followed by riding to work and back on Thursday (Round trip of 20miles). At least then I know I can get to the pub next saturday!

I am really excited about starting my training, im very interested to see how I cope with 10, 20, 30 miles and then pushing it futher. I like to think that will be OK but i might be in for a big shock!

No comments: