Training Blog

This is my training blog that details how I am getting on training for a cycle ride from my home in the West Midlands to Brixham, South Devon which is scheduled in June 2009. I am doing this to raise money for Rowcroft Hospice who cared for my mother who passed away in April 2008 due to Motor Neurone Disease.

Enjoy the read....I had not been on a bike since I was a teenager and this is a whole new world to me, however I am determined to succeed, for my Mum and for the personal challenge.

August 2nd - Happy and Disappointed!

I wanted to beat my previous record (30 miles) today however I took the kids out instead. I really could not be bothered to go out when I got home however about 5pm I went out for a ride.

I only did 15 miles in 55 mins however it is the best I have ever felt. I can honestly say that my legs did not ache even up hills and after the ride I felt not one ounce of tiredness and hardly broke into a sweat.

I am delighted at this and shows how I have progressed because 15 miles used to seem a big ride, now it just feel like a walk to the shops.  However I am disappointed that I did not go further......15 miles is better than nothing though!!

No comments: