Training Blog

This is my training blog that details how I am getting on training for a cycle ride from my home in the West Midlands to Brixham, South Devon which is scheduled in June 2009. I am doing this to raise money for Rowcroft Hospice who cared for my mother who passed away in April 2008 due to Motor Neurone Disease.

Enjoy the read....I had not been on a bike since I was a teenager and this is a whole new world to me, however I am determined to succeed, for my Mum and for the personal challenge.

Aug 4th - 10 Mile ride and new stuff

Well I got home and my new bike stuff had arrived...Saddle Bag, Sunglasses, Chain Lube and Portable Pump.  I fitted it all onto the bike and it is great. I also made a slight adjustment to the tilt of the saddle and this is also good. It means for the first time since starting training I can take my iphone, food, repair kit and pump with me.  The sunglasses are also great, highly recommended, they are so light and don't feel like I am actually wearing glasses.

Anyway after all of this I managed a 10 mile ride, (all of the kit I had attached at the beginning was still attached at the end)...with a 15.7mph avg speed.

No comments: