Training Blog

This is my training blog that details how I am getting on training for a cycle ride from my home in the West Midlands to Brixham, South Devon which is scheduled in June 2009. I am doing this to raise money for Rowcroft Hospice who cared for my mother who passed away in April 2008 due to Motor Neurone Disease.

Enjoy the read....I had not been on a bike since I was a teenager and this is a whole new world to me, however I am determined to succeed, for my Mum and for the personal challenge.

Sept 20th - No posts for a long while

Well I just wanted to post to let everyone know what I have been upto for the last 3 weeks....

After the group ride on 31st August, I took a few days off from cycling, on the Wednesday I went football training (I play for a Saturday League Team) and pulled a muscle in my left thigh.... The first game of the season was the Saturday after so I rested my leg so I could play in that game.

I played a full 90 mins and we lost 6 - 4 however men leg was very painful. The week after I was in London for a week on a course through work. This meant I was in a hotel and away from home, while away I make it into the gym one evening and managed 5 miles.

This week again my thigh has not been right but on Thursday I decided to cycle into work. In total I did 20 miles split into 10 miles each way. My leg is fine when I cycle but not when I play football!!

Anyway I will endeavor to keep this more updated. I hope to do a good ride tomorrow..

1 comment:

Nathan said...

You still going for it?