Training Blog

This is my training blog that details how I am getting on training for a cycle ride from my home in the West Midlands to Brixham, South Devon which is scheduled in June 2009. I am doing this to raise money for Rowcroft Hospice who cared for my mother who passed away in April 2008 due to Motor Neurone Disease.

Enjoy the read....I had not been on a bike since I was a teenager and this is a whole new world to me, however I am determined to succeed, for my Mum and for the personal challenge.

8th December - Update

Hello again. I cannot believe we are into December already...There has been no updates since September for a very good reason...nothing has happened since then in relation to cycling!

I am still very keen to do a challenge and will look to go out on the bike again soon. However May09 might be too soon for me to complete a trip of this magnitude. Both John and Joy have trained hard and are miles ahead of me especially John. Maybe I underestimated the training required however I am convinced I could do JOGLE, but not at the pace in which it looks like it will be completed, I don't have the time now to get myself to that level.

There are also the time restraints (I only get 20 days holiday per year, JOGLE will take half of these days and I have to consider my family). I have had a incredibly difficult year and I am not getting the time to train, There is no point doing something I am not prepared for and maybe the timing is wrong.

There are a few options I am considering. The most probable is that I will do part of the challenge, I might cycle from Coventry to Lands End...I will still need to train for this but it would only take about 4 days of my time to complete the challenge. The other option is to cancel my participation in JOGLE however that is last resort because initially this was my idea and although being honest I no longer feel this is my challenge, I still feel incredibly loyal to John, Joy and Marian and do not want to let them down.

I will keep you posted and I will make a decision after Christmas...

No comments: